Why blog?

It's therapeutic... specially for dorks like me who communicate better when they have the chance to process their thoughts, select their words, and write precisely what they want to say. As much as I'm a "talker", I stumble, stutter, and don't always say things right. English as a second language might have something to do with that (unfortunately, I don't think I could blog in Spanish... I lost my grammar in that language). I like to pour out my thoughts and leave it out there in the cosmos (or the world wide web) for other people to mull over...

Saturday, January 2, 2010

New year! Woo hoo 2010!

I'm coming into this new year with much better expectations than the previous years. I'm excited about all the things God has done last year and the things that are still in the works. I'm also hyped up over the things I don't even know God has prepared for me.

The kids are starting school on Tuesday - which should be awesome! Anakin is excited about that. Paul and I are enjoying our jobs. Vanessa is enjoying her time up here. And the freezing weather is not that bad.

I'm seeing Caleb give the toothiest grins! Except he has no teeth. It's all gums. But he smiles and talks to you and it makes me happy that he's happy. The same with Anakin and Brielle. Brielle learned her right from her left, and she learned to rinse her mouth and brush her teeth with regular tooth paste over the holidays. It's a blessing for me to see the kids adjusted, growing, and being happy.

Not a lot of kids have that. Some kids are suffering, others are struggling. I know I've put my own kids through a lot of instability in the past. It just finally feels like the dust is settling and we can build upwards from here.

And I have to thank God for that. And for covering my kids from all ill effects.

I'm also thankful for the relationships that I have; with friends, with my husband, and with the Lord. God is so there for me and I know He hears me when I pray. My friends are fun and awesome and I'm glad for friends that "stick closer than a brother" because otherwise this transition to Anchorage would've been rougher.

And Paul and I are getting along great. We have a great relationship, we work as a team, and we love each other. We balance each other out between fun and responsibility together. He is truly my other half - which is precisely what God designed us to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment