Why blog?

It's therapeutic... specially for dorks like me who communicate better when they have the chance to process their thoughts, select their words, and write precisely what they want to say. As much as I'm a "talker", I stumble, stutter, and don't always say things right. English as a second language might have something to do with that (unfortunately, I don't think I could blog in Spanish... I lost my grammar in that language). I like to pour out my thoughts and leave it out there in the cosmos (or the world wide web) for other people to mull over...

Friday, July 16, 2010

Spent the Day with Anakin

Since I'm a working mom, and I have 3 kids, it is very rare that I can just sit with my oldest son and get to know him. One on one.

Today was that day! He stayed home from preschool because he was sick yesterday, although by today he was fine.

We planted seeds in his hydroponic container, which he's looking forward to seeing sprouts soon. He cut out and pasted a tree out of construction paper (I was impressed! He really doesn't know how to use scissors, and he's left-handed... which I'm righty, so I don't know how to teach him... but he persisted until he got it done!) and then drew his family standing under the tree picking apples from it. We talked about many different things that go through his head, which is wonderful for a four year old! Then we painted on stones (another craft he wanted to try), and he showed me how he can play Reader Rabbit on the computer all by himself.

He loves Bible stories, and we are all about Creation right now between Sunday School and home. He knows that God is in his heart and that God made everything. And then he asked me, "But mom! what if I get a bug that climbs in through my mouth and eats my heart! Will then God live in my belly?" LOL I encouraged him not to worry too much about that... But I love his love for God's Word and through that, for creation! He's "all green"... so I think together we are going to venture into gardening for a little bit. He really enjoys it!

We went for a walk to my chiropractor's visit and he helped the masseuse work on my back. Then we walked back and I saw him stop at every flower and nut on the floor to see what it was. It was wonderful! I had been so busy being "Commando Mom" that I have missed enjoying seeing my kids grow.

Truthfully, between work and home chores, and three babies - I was on auto-pilot... all about what needed to get done and what they weren't allowed to do. I was functional, but not very relational.

I'm thankful that I have such a sweetie pie for a son. He is so loving and caring! And I got to see him that much more today. I think on my next weekday off I'm keeping my baby girl home and spending the day with just her. And then Caleb.

No comments:

Post a Comment