Why blog?

It's therapeutic... specially for dorks like me who communicate better when they have the chance to process their thoughts, select their words, and write precisely what they want to say. As much as I'm a "talker", I stumble, stutter, and don't always say things right. English as a second language might have something to do with that (unfortunately, I don't think I could blog in Spanish... I lost my grammar in that language). I like to pour out my thoughts and leave it out there in the cosmos (or the world wide web) for other people to mull over...

Thursday, January 20, 2011

"Nova" Part II

Almost as if to prove a point, Nova has come out of her shell a little!

She now is not too terrified to go to another room and pee or poop. Being optimistic, I think this is good because now she's acting like a DOG, which we can work with and train!

She doesn't walk around the house with her tail between her legs any more. She sniffs things looking for food. She is VERY food motivated! She wags her tail at the sight of food, has no issues jumping up on your lap or on the kid's table when there's food around. More things to work on, but like I said, it's more encouraging than having to carry her out of the kennel and pretty much gently begging her to eat.

She enjoys Paul's company. And she has a bit of a game going on with Leo.

She's a sweet dog! She may not be the dog to jump up on your lap to say hi (approaching you and putting her head close to your hand may be "it"). She may not be the dog to play tag or fetch with the kids. But she's definitely sweet and gentle and will still make a great pet when she gets adopted.

On that note, I've had 2 if not 3 people interested in her.

Which teaches me a couple of things:
1) Just like you can learn fear, you can also learn trust. It just takes a little time.
2) When you trust, you expect your needs to be met. Nova may not know much of anything else when it comes to being a pet, but she knows that we are her source of food and water.
3) Even at your ugliest, shyest, or absolute not best, you are still loved! Nova is still wanted by potential families even though she doesn't have this "Lassie" personality.

There is hope in the world after all!

Yesterday she came up to me after work, and I sat down just to pet her, and she licked my face. Mind you, I had a burger king bag behind my back as my late night dinner... but all the same, I was stoked to have her approach me and get close to me on her own free will.

No comments:

Post a Comment